We would like to thank all who participated in the Canadian Atmospheric Science Community Workshop, through presentations and discussions and also through our preparatory telecons. It was a very successful event with more than 50 participants from academia, government and industry attending over the two days. This community engagement was very strong and this was appreciated by the organizing committee.
In the coming weeks, the organizing committee will be making the presentations from the workshop available and beginning to assemble the report.
As these items are available, we will be posting these on our website.
We are looking forward to an interesting and constructive community workshop next week at the Canadian Space Agency. Here are a few items to review prior to arriving in Saint-Hubert.
- The updated agenda for the workshop has been posted here.
- For the longer-term and infrastructure discussions, we have developed some questions that we would like the participants to consider prior to the workshop. We will be using these as the framework for our discussions. The questions can be found here.
- Remember to bring your government issued identification to go through the CSA security procedures on the first day you arrive. This may take some time for all 50+ attendees to be processed so plan accordingly for our 8:30 AM starting times!
For those who cannot be at the meeting, the instructions for viewing the consortia presentations via webex are given below.
The presentation from this teleconference is available here.
This third telecon will focus on:
- a review of agenda and plans for workshop;
- discussion of content for presentations from the self-assembled collaborative teams/consortia;
- areas for discussion and questions for long-term planning.
The collaborative teams/consortia will be assembled prior to the workshop so that each one may effectively communicate their idea at the workshop. The objective of this approach is to have the most efficient workshop proceedings.
Details for Atmospheric Science Community Workshop Telecon:
Date: Wednesday 8 November
Time: 13:00-14:00 EST
Meeting Number: 558 891 652
Meeting Password: N5P44sMK
We will be using Webex for the meeting.
To join the online meeting:
- Go to https://pwgsc-nh.webex.com/pwgsc-nh/j.php?MTID=mf3a2dbf13152eb24ca279a31ee6c2117
- Enter your name and email address.
- Enter the meeting password: N5P44sMK
- Click “Join Now”.
To join the teleconference only:
Provide your phone number when you join the meeting to receive a call back.
Alternatively, you can call:
Call-in toll-free number: 1-877-413-4790 (Canada)
Call-in number: 1-613-960-7514 (Canada)
Conference ID: 647 756 2